Your One-Stop Library Resource Shop
Our libraries contain an up-to-date collection of books, videos, journals, presentation kits, and newsletters on mental health, covering many different aspects within mental health including topics such as:
SENIORS, MEN, WOMEN, CHILDREN/YOUTH
On-site Library (100-4 Fort St in Winnipeg) has been in existence for 20 years. The library is a one of its kind in Manitoba carrying titles specific to mental health and wellness. Anyone can take out a membership and borrowing is free. Check out our hours of operations
E-Library – MHERC’s new E-Library has been launched so that people from all over the province of Manitoba can have access to our mental health related books and materials. We are working on making this a comprehensive and easy to use. We want our members to share in the wealth of titles on topics that are specific and informative to the concerns of mental health and wellness.
By registering, you agree to MHERC’s Library Borrowing Procedures as follows:
- A library registration form must be completely filled out and signed. Present with current address, either a Manitoba driver’s license or Manitoba Health card. Out of city borrower’s will complete form via email or online (website).
- There is no charge for a membership.
- The lending period for any of the resource materials is two weeks. Items may be renewed for two more weeks, up to four times, by phone, email or in person are accepted if the resource is not in high demand or on reserve.
- Individual is responsible for all items checked out in his/her name.
- Reminder calls or email will be made on overdue items. A fine will be charged for overdue material of 40 cents per day on each item with a maximum of $10.50.
- Should material be lost, full replacement cost will be charged to the person whose authorized signature is on the registration form.
- All reference material, vertical file material and journals must be reviewed in the library. Photocopies may be requested within copyright regulations at a fee.
- For those unable to visit the Resource Centre, due to lack of transportation, rural location etc., we will mail out resources and it will be your responsibility to have resources mailed back by due date. The due date will be 3 weeks for mailing purposes or bus.
- Membership is required for our e-Library.
We’ve Got a Fresh New Look!
If you’ve visited our website before, you’ll notice that it looks a little different. With a tip of the hat to the mind-body connection, we have integrated a mandala symbol into our branding. All mandalas are based on a circle, and then infused with other designs (geometric, floral, etc) to form a deeper meaning. As they have become increasingly popular for their countless meditative and relaxation benefits, we thought the mandala was the perfect fit for our Mental Health Education Resource Centre.